Hello, I am offering simple mechanical services like brake changes, oil changes, and simple diagnostics or maintenance care. I am a college student trying to save up money to buy a car part for my Nissan. It has timing chain issues a common problem with the Nissans. I have limited skills but I am able to help with simple maintenance. I can find a hole in your tire, see if I can patch it, or if you want to replace an old car part with a newer one I can help.
I am mostly making this post for people who need a simple car maintenance job and don't want to pay an expensive fee that either the dealership or independent shop would put. I will give a fair price I am not trying to become rich, I am just trying to see if I can help someone out while also using the skills I acquired from fixing my own vehicle. I have mostly worked on my Nissan Maxima but I have also worked on my grandma's Buick Lesabre. I am around the Lindenhurst area but I can travel to the Vernon Hills area, Waukegan, and Antioch areas.
I am limited to the tools I have, I have a 2 ton jack with 2.5 ton jack stands. If the job is outside of my expertise then I will make sure to let you know and recommend actions you could take.
Message me the Year, Make, and Model of your vehicle and a description of what you will like me to do, and I will respond to you as soon as possible. I am in school during the weekdays and I drive 2 hours to school and 2 hours back. I am sorry if I don't respond right away.
Estimates that may change depending on the situations an example of one service I can do with an estimate is:
$25 dollars: Simple diagnostic
( me coming to you) this could include
- Locating a noise that the vehicle makes
- Use and explain OBD2 codes and give common fixes
- simple maintenance check of the vehicle
Some jobs I have done to my own car
- Oil changes
- Replaced high-pressure steering hose
- Replaced all 4 calipers, rotors, installed emergency brakes, and replaced normal brakes
- Replaced water pump and radiator
- Replaced almost all of my rear suspension pars
- Replaced both my catalytic converters along with my muffler
- replaced intake gasket, bother valve covers, spark plugs, and ignition coil
Jobs I have done to my grandma's car
- Replaced both front lower control arms
- Replaced rear air shocks
- Replaced valve cover gaskets, intake manifold, and coolant elbows