To perform this job successfully, the deep reach forklift operator must be able to operate electrical power industrial truck or liquid propane gas (LPG) sit-down and stand-up forklift with lifting devices such as, push-pull, elevating platform and/or slip sheet attachments to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials by performing the following duties.
• Operate forklift by positioning forks on lifting platform, load pallets, skids, boxes, products and transport/stock to designated locations.
• Ship orders, pull orders, verify orders against packing slip, scan orders with inventory devise to create TO numbers, log shipping orders, pick orders, and log and post goods shipped into inventory devise, and move picked orders into shipping area.
• Load trucks with pallets, boxes, and drums.
• Receive shipments, unload shipments, verify shipments, sort and separate goods, log goods receive, post goods receive, tag pallets, and move goods into designated locations.
• Perform inventory count and cycle counts.
• Perform internal housekeeping, including change batteries, recharge batteries, and clean working area etc.
• Perform all duties in a safe, careful manner at all times.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent education; and minimum of three months forklift operating experience in warehouse environment.
Ability to speak, read, writes, and comprehends simple English. Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide with ability to operate in units of US currency, and measure in units of volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or oral form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS
Industry forklift certificate is a must.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands or fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision ability is required, including close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and stay focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.